One of the most engaging Social Media platforms for business is Instagram. Beautifully simple and with amazing audience engagement.
Is your business making full use of Instagram?
I’ve jotted down 3 tips below to help you on your way!
1. Switch to the Business Profile?
If you have a Facebook account for your business (you should!) then skip on into the settings in your Instagram account, scroll down until you find the ‘Switch to Business Profile’ section and link up your business facebook account.
Doing this will release a few great features for your account, including:
- Insights – which shows you some key metrics from your account. Impressions, Top Posts, Followers, Age range, Locations – so much nerdy analytics!
- It will also give you a Business Profile – allowing you to have a Call Now , Directions and Email buttons! So powerful.
2. Engage, engage, engage
The Instagram platform is not all about you (sorry to be so blunt) – you must be actively engaging – this tip will increase your followers and keep you front of mind with your audience.
This can be done by:
- Replying to comments
- Liking other posts (targeting your key audience)
- Commenting on other posts (targeting your key audience)
Be genuine – this is important – write comments you really mean, like posts you really like.
3. Use Instagram Stories
A brand spanking new feature on Instagram is ‘Stories’ – sound familiar? If you know SnapChat then you get the idea behind stories and how Instagram are now competing directly with Snapchat in the business market.
Stories allow you to take snapshots of your day, with a more ‘behind-the-scenes’ feel. Sketch on top of your pics, add filters and write witty comments to engage with followers on a more personal level.
For businesses that were trying to build a Snapchat audience and finding it very hard – this is a ‘no brainer’ – give Instagram Stories a red hot go. Your audience is already on Instagram and they are eager to see a little more of you.