DVassist (formerly Breaking the Silence) is a WA based Not-for-profit that aims to support individuals experiencing domestic violence. They had run a website for some years and with advancing technology and a change in Brand, needed to redesign the website experience to cater for a larger audience and to align with their goals.
The new website was designed to meet the following needs:
- serve as a dedicated directory and hub for support services and information
- create a simple and intuitive way to connect with individuals needing help
- build trust and confidence with the audience
- present DVassist as a caring and relevant brand
- be future proof and scalable as the organisation grows
Also required was a CMS (WordPress) that allows the organisation to easily manage content on the site.
Target Audience Needs
The target audience for the website was split between two core areas. Firstly, men, women and young people based in rural or remote areas of WA needing access to services and support. Secondly, potential corporate partners, sponsors or donators.
The new website will assist the target audience to:
- find all relevant directory services and information with ease
- feel trust, confidence and connection with the organisation
- offer assistance to the organisation through donations, sponsors or corporate support
We are very proud of this website project and working with an amazing team and organisation to make a difference.