Your website... what do we need to focus on during COVID-19?
what do we need to focus on during COVID-19?
Ok, so time spent online has increased in the last few weeks due to COVID-19. Australia’s NBN has seen a daytime usage increase of 70-80% compared to earlier in the year – that’s big!
We know what some of that increase could be attributed too – online shopping, news and of course adult entertainment!
But, it also means you have the chance to catch the eye of a bigger audience than before.
We know things aren’t quite the same just now for your business (and we hope you are hanging in there). You might be working from home or have a different work setup, or maybe even have hit pause for a bit.
There is one thing that has remained the same is your website. But ‘the same’ might not be enough for now. If you had been thinking about an upgrade or doing a refresh of your site, now is the time to take action. Making sure that the web experience is working well and engaging with potential clients or customers.
Some of the key elements we need working well are the following:
- The ability to help users connect and engage (make it easy for the audience!)
- Correct tracking and analytics implementation (data is key)
- Up-to-date content on who you are and what you do, and importantly how you can help the users (value driven content through key service pages, products, blogs or news)
Here are some other digital marketing activities that you can do now:
- Email marketing – connecting to your audience, let them know whats going on
- Content marketing and social media activity
- Paid social media ads
- Keyword research and SEO fundamentals
Now is the time to up your online game in some of these key areas. With the increased web traffic and social traffic, you need to stand out, engage and serve your audience.
Here is a link to an e-book we developed that covers 5 Ways to Improve Engagement on your Website. Check it out!